I was introduced to creative writing in grade 5 by a gentleman called Hiralal. I was selected to represent India at the Children’s Cultural Film Festival in France in 1987. He had come as a technician from down south. While on a bus ride, he wrote an impromptu poem and showed me how easy it was to rhyme. Since then, there has been no turning back. Though I wish I had, at least we would not have lost touch.
English was my favourite subject and as the years went by, I kept dabbling in poetry, essay and elocution competitions. My love affair with the language was at a steady pace. Eventually worked in advertising and went on to become a freelance copywriter. In my pursuit of knowledge, did a screenwriting course at Digital Academy. The course instructor, Mr. Raaghav Dhar, on reading my notes, told me I should start blogging. That was 2009. I finally took the plunge in 2012 and BlogwatiG, a distant cousin of ‘Bagwati’ emerged. Yeah, I am quite filmy that way…..what to do?
Sandeep Nair, who I chanced upon as a team member in the IBL – Team Amdavad, has passed on the Liebster Award title to BlogwatiG. Thank you so much for making me scout the length and breadth of the Blogosphere for 11 more people to pass this on to. The first thing that struck me was his sarcastic sense of humour, just like mine. We connected, for we know how much of a rare breed we are. *Smirks*. As far as his thought process and writing go, he is a Mallu from Gujarat. It can’t get better than that. Without me spilling the beans already, you must visit his blog Sandyspeak. I promise you will come back for more.
If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers)
Tell the people you tagged that you did.
1.I need my morning cup of coffee and 30 mins of solitude or I am a pain to deal with!!!
2. I have a Catholic mother and a Punjabi father and I chose being a catholic at the age of 21.
3. I miss my dad terribly and regret not hugging him on his birthday, never got another chance!
4. I absolutely adore my Father-in-law, if I had to choose between father and son…..it would be daddy any day!!!!!!
5. I had my first overnight picnic ever along with my daughter at the age of 26…She was one!
6. I believe sense of humour can get you through the worst of times….and it has.
7. The first thing I notice when I look at a man, is if he matches his shoes and belt…….
8. I use a lot of……….. to fill in for words.
9.I love to improvise…be it a recipe, interiors….poetry…anything …I have to leave a personal touch to it.
10. Whatever I have genuinely wished for……comes true. So I am a lil skeptical about wanting.
11. I pride myself on my memory and my razor sharp tongue. I don’t forget or forgive easily, good or bad!
The Eleven Questions that I have been asked….
1. What did you always, secretly, want to become?
Superwoman and fight against plagiarism.
2. Which three items would you salvage from your house if it was on fire? (Family and pets are safe)
My phone because it has all the numbers that I can’t memorize.
My hard disk because it has all my work, photos, memories stored.
My Adhaar card……..I am going to need some identification to prove I am not dead, no?
3. Which of these do you most closely identify with A) Santa Claus B) Unicorn C) Lochness Monster D) Yeti E) God F) Mowgli G) Captain Planet
Unicorn. They think I am majestic, mystical and the horn adds to my beauty. Not true.
4. Which moment of your life makes you feel the most proud when you look back upon your life today?
I was chosen to represent the country at the French Film Festival for kids at the age of 10. Today 25 years later, I am still in touch with friends from the city of love. I am proud to hold on to such relationships.
5. What is the one thing that you want to try, but feel you might lack the courage to do?
6. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Why?
I am a dog person who now owns a cat, thanks to my daughter. Read about it here.
7. Where do you find yourself to be the most serene? (The place)
Any water body. The sea, the lake, the shower….
8. What do you think will be your biggest regret when you are retired?
Not investing in a harem of Toyboys.
9. What would you rather live in; a luxurious duplex penthouse in a city, or, a huge ranch with a log cabin somewhere in the outback?
Huge Ranch or Penthouse, as long as I ain’t cooking, cleaning and chauffeuring, I am good.
10. If you could be reborn, which other decade in the past would you choose to start your life? Why?
I think the 80’s gave us a perfect before and after opportunity. We witnessed the turn of a new millennium. I think I’ll stick to this birth only. Not going through puberty again!
11. And, in the spirit of the season, which Olympic sport do you reckon you would have been good at?
I was a long jump gold medalist back in the school days, so I guess that is what it would be.
The Eleven Questions that I now ask YOU
1. Do you think a 3 am friend is a myth?
2. Who would you rather be? A celebrity or the Prime Minister of the country?
3. What is the one quality you’d like the older generation to imbibe from the younger one?
4. what is the one quality the older generation must pass on as a legacy to the next?
5. What is your take on beauty contests?
6. If there was one thing you could do to make a difference, what would that be?
7. What has your electricity consumption been the last month? Is it gonna change for the better?
8. Who is the one person that inspires you?
9. Did you ever go back to school and meet your teachers? Why?
10. What colours would you paint with if you had just two shades to choose from?
11. Since I am bestowing the
award, What one liner would you write describing me? 😛
The Eleven Worthies I pass the Liebster Award to:
1. Rickie Khosla because he is too cute not to. OK, I love his sense of humour too.
4. Janaki Nagaraj. Don’t get fooled by her innocence, she has a tongue in cheek humour to match.
6. Animesh K. Mishra because he was one of my first readers and helped me a great deal to settle down.
7. Sagarika Chakroborty. Yup, I have a thing for pretty Bong women.
8. Pankaja Date. Her photography is awesome and self taught.
Please leave a link to your Liebster Award post in the comments section below so that I can read your answers 🙂