Well to summarize, I said kids needed to learn spellings for I did not get the SMS lingo. They needed to learn tables and not depend on the calculator for simple calculations. They need to learn to memorize phone numbers, make paper boats, catch dragon flies, go down and play, indulge in art and craft and more, so that when they are in the sunset of their lives, they will have wonderful memories to fall back on.
Having done that, I was left thinking. What if all life’s lessons had to be taught in one fleeting moment? What if I just had a dozen odd things to tell my daughter? What if this was all I could leave behind, this blog post? Suddenly I had so many brainwaves running through my mind, it left me breathless How can you really encompass all that you would want to say? Being organized is a real uphill task and not one of my strong traits. Yet, I collected my thoughts, sorted them and arranged them as an acrostic, hoping they make sense….someday………….somewhere……………to someone…!
1. Communication is important. Satellites cannot latch on your precise thought waves.
2. Happily ever after is always the beginning of a new story. Turn the page.
3. Invest in people, books and a camera. All three make fab memories.
4. Love is not a feeling, it is a decision. Stick to it!
5. Dreams are the blueprints of the destination you must reach. Redesign if you must.
6. Remember to pray often. No one has attested the afterlife, yet.
7. Educate yourself to know the difference between an argument & a debate. Speak well.
8. Never forget to take vacations. A different perspective always helps.
9. Sing, dance, paint or play a musical instrument. Fine arts makes a fine person.
10. Divide your day to get your coveted me time. 24 hours is all you’ve got, everyday.
11. Avoid momentary adjustments. Adopt lifelong habits. Will keep you wrinkle free.
12. You are living your life. Don’t live to regret it. Don’t regret not having lived.
And Whitney Houston makes a fab song out of what all I have missed, so listen and adhere!