I once knew someone who took ‘being a miser’ to a new level. He’d flatten a shaving cream tube to such an extent that you could pass it off for a silver sheet. All through my childhood, I remember him using the same night suit on every visit. Back then, I thought, he wasn’t that well to do. Now that I know better, I am amused at how stingy he was.
Then there was this other lady who was related to every important person listed in the tabloids. He was either a cousin, or a far off uncle, an in-law or a dear friend. Her name dropping was known far and wide. Brushed off as a wannabe, she was never invited for parties. No prizes for guessing why.
We all have strange fascinations or habits. It makes us queer, not in the liberated sense, but yes, you know what I mean. I too have a thriving quirky side. And I’m just about to list them for you, in a random order, just in case you happen to meet me in your lifetime. They might not make sense and hence they are MY idiosyncrasies. Grin and bear!
1. I quit a convo when I realize there are imbeciles at the other end. I’m allergic to fools.
2. I love humour quotes. I save them for a rainy day when I need a bit of sunshine.
3. I feel queasy if a man don’t match his shoes and belt. We can never be friends.
4. Contrary to my talkative nature I prefer peace and quiet. I love my own company.
5. I can’t share my side of the bed and quilt with anybody. No, not Mel Gibson either.
6. I hate people who break queues. I have told random strangers to get back in line.
7. I have a quaint collection of greeting cards since I was 10. I love handwritten notes.
8. The quest for an apt blog title is my priority. People walk in if the invite is worth it.
9. I work at the Eleventh hour. Somehow my thoughts & productivity pace quickens then.
10. A quip is the easiest way to befriend me. I have no qualms in sharing the stage.
Quite Quintessential, no?
Do you have a quirky side too?